Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sorry for the delay...

It's not that progress hasn't been happening... just that there was no time to blog about it.

We finished moving out of the rent house on Friday at about 7:00 PM. The week prior was crazy - finished up one proposal, had to send another one by Thur midnight. I worked from home thinking I would be both more productive on work stuff and use the time I save driving (at least an hour a day) to add to the packing effort. Not so... proposal craziness ensued the whole week. Thank goodness my mom was able to come over a couple of days and pack up some things, and Thursday evening the reinforcements (our parents) came over to help load up a lot of things. I took a personal day from work on Friday to finish up things- spent the day scrubbing the shower (hard water), vacuuming, packing, going to Home Depot for paint for the barndo, etc, etc. Things worked out nicely to still allow me to go to Pigskin (big musical theatre thing) at Baylor with Marilyn, which we had had planned for a long time. I was exhausted (no time for sleep with all the above going on), but it was well worth it. :)

We are staying with Devon's parents (they won because their house is closer to Waco, which meant when I got out of Pigskin in the wee hours of Saturday morning I didn't have to drive as far), though I am now headed for LA in search of running water, indoor plumbing and electricity- and to work of course. :)

Things have progressed nicely on the house, despite having to focus on moving Thur & Fri. Here's where things stand:
-Water meter is in, need to trench and lay pipe to the house
-Electricity is in progress. Pole is up, along with transformer and other important things. Need for the Co-op to finish the install, and then run the wire to the house.
-Septic.... supposedly in progress. There is a permit which takes a week, hopefully get that soon, then the actual system install... at least they decided where its all going finally.
-Interior just lacks fixtures, trim, doors and cabinets. Everything is painted (pics soon!), floors are waxed, so its getting there quickly.
-Exterior - paint is ready to go, they were finishing up some trim when I left this afternoon.

Soooo... Devon thinks when I get home on Thursday night, it will be 'livable.' This is of course depending on water/electric/septic... but those things are kind of out of our control...

No comments: